s off computer.
Nothing says "I love my Dog" like homemade dog
bones! This recipe uses lots of ingredients that are hopefully on hand
if not you can subsitute in other ingredients!!!
Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Bones
makes 3 dozen medium sized bones
1 cup rooled oats
1/3 cup margarine
1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup chicken stock (low sodium)
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg (beaten)
3 cups whole wheat
1/3 cup bacon bits
1. Combine oats, margarine and boiling water and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
3. Stir together cornmeal, sugar, chicken stock, peanut butter, cheese, bacon bits and egg. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough forms.
4. Knead dough on flored surface add dough until no longer sticky. Roll out 1/2 inch thick, and cut with cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
5. Bake 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown. After cooling, store in refrigerator.